giovedì 13 maggio 2021

OLDE STUYVESANT PEAR TREE

Hello wicked hare! The Summer Collection is finally ready!!! I know I'm not late but I have my schedule and I'm always late on it LOL. So, this year, for the moment, I dedicated my collection to mermaids, ocean and the 4th of July! I also designed a particular pattern.... let's start today with this one, and then, during next days, I'll show you the rest: 


OLDE STUYVESANT PEAR TREE:



THE STORY BEHIND THE PATTERN: When Peter Stuyvesant arrived in what would become New York City more than 300 years ago, he brought something special with him—a pear tree sapling from Holland. The sapling and Peter Stuyvesant both flourished in their new home, and as the tree grew tall and mighty, he built a career as the last director-general of New Amsterdam. Under British control, this land was renamed New York, and the tree continued to flourish on the corner of East 13th Street and 3rd Avenue in the East Village. Two hundred years after the pear’s tree journey to America, it was struck and killed in a carriage accident. While the tree is no longer standing, a plaque remains to tell its story. The memory of the pear tree endures, and if you make a visit to the New York Historical Society, you can still see a preserved section of the trunk. 


YOU CAN PURCHASE THE PIN AND 
THE PRINTD TREE HERE: 




1 commento: