mercoledì 2 maggio 2012

New pattern: Endymion

Good morning Folks! The sun shines bright and this is the right day to present you my first sampler.  I designed ENDYMION thinking about John Keats and his love for the sweet Fanny Brawne. Their beautiful story became a movie some years ago: 'Bright Star'. Fanny was a perfect stitcher and tailor, and John a young poet. Endymion is one of his poems, I think that these verses are immortal:

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, 
and quiet breathing

I have always loved so much that historical period... and Keats poems, so the movie has been a very lovely surprise. I didn't know nothing about sweet Fanny and when I discovered she was a stitcher I thought: WOW, it's the perfect idea for a sampler!

In that period I spoke with Kirsten, the editor of The Gift of Stitching, and she decided to buy the rights for this pattern, but... but the Magazine closed. Why? Because of  piracy. I have nothing against sharing a pattern with a friend, it's normal... it's not the right thing to do, but I think it's quite normal.. but it's shameful to share  patterns on forums, FB and so on... This is my job, please respect it. If I do not earn money from selling my patterns, I have no reason to continue... I can design just for myself. Please DO NOT SHARE PATTERNS... or the cross stitch industry shall die.

Now... this is my first sampler, dedicated to love, poetry, beauty and to all of you :-) Hugs!

ENDYMION
Thanks to my super fast model stitcher Elisabetta



ENDYMION ©2012 The Primitive Hare
Stitched with DMC threads

ENDYMION
order and info: order@theprimitivehare.com

26 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

I like it!Beautiful!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

Quanto mi è piaciuta l'ammonizione alla pirateria!!!! E' un vero e proprio furto fotocopiare qualsiasi OPERA fotocopiabile!!!!
Bellissimo questo Sampler, delicato e piacevole ... come al solito Bravissima Isobel!
Teresa

cucki ha detto...

it is so pretty..love it from my heart..
hugs and love cucki xx

Mo' ha detto...

IO SON SENZA PAROLE! ma sei bravissima anche a disegnare schemi!!
sono sempre uno piu' bello dell'altro!
e per la pirateria hai perfettamente ragione!!!!!!
pensare poi che chiude una rivista cosi' bella come TGOS mi vien male...

New York Dreamer Cross Stitch ha detto...

wowow meraviglioso!!!! complimenti troppo brava!!!
Ezia.

marly ha detto...

Wonderful. Unique design in layout and lettering and I love it!

Christine ha detto...

Oh it is incredibly BEAUTIFUL!
I've always loved Keats's poetry and learned that in school!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) ha detto...

Gorgeous! I'm off to order it, now! Great job!

Unknown ha detto...

Wonderful finish!!!!

Carol ha detto...

I just love your newest creation, Isabella--the colors and lettering are fabulous. There is just something very calming about this design :)

It must be wonderful to have a design in your head and see it come to life on fabric so beautifully--congratulations!!

/sewprimitive ha detto...

Really, really wonderful, Isobel! and all those tiny, perfect stitches! Oh My!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch ha detto...

Just Beautiful!!!
I love the blues and the poem is lovely!
Prim Blessings
Robin

taylors*farmhouse*attic ha detto...

LOVE~~~LOVE~~~LOVE!!!! Just beautiful!!!

nathalie-poppy ha detto...

Hi Isobel !!!!
It is GORGEOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS !!!
I can't find a stronger word to congratulate your beautiful job !
That's also a good idea to tell people that sharing patterns on FB or any other forums is a very bad attitude.
If people are too scrooge to spend a few euros in the designers'work ... well ... that's a pity !!!
I hope that "pirates" will become aware of the fact they are "killing" the needlecraft industry and thus ... discourage designers to show and sell their beautiful patterns !!!!
Big hugs !!!!!
Nat

Lili ha detto...

Amazing piece!!!wow! Love it!
Hugs!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

excellent, beautiful.

Hilda ha detto...

Dear Isobel,
what an enchanting sampler! I am deeply impressed of this wonderful creation! Congratulation!

Huging you!

Hilda

Eszter/SubRosa ha detto...

Cara Argante!
Mi piacciono molto i tuoi lavori, colori, materiali! Hai un talento eccezionale di creare un mondo magico attorno agli tuoi scheme e questo é un vero miracolo.
Complimenti
Eszter

Cuore Antico ha detto...

E' semplicemente un capolavoro...la delicatezza dell'albero poi che divide la scritta dal resto è incantevole.
Debora

giuliana ha detto...

Veramente meraviglioso..mi piace tutto..il soggetto,i colori usati,il finishing..sei bravissima Argante e complimenti a Elisabetta!!

Iaia ha detto...

Congratulations for your blog! It 'a feast for the eyes. I put you among my favorites. I hope you do not mind, otherwise let me know and I will remove immediately.
Iaia soon.

cristina ha detto...

bello! e poi in blu ;-) grazie del tuo commento nel blog.
Non siamo distanti eppure il tempo atmosferico ha sfumature così diverse.

françoise ha detto...

It's beautiful!
I want to stitch it!!!!
Thanks for create this chart!
Françoise

Charlene ♥ NC ha detto...

It is so beautiful, I couldn't resist!

Isobel -Argante- ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Kevin ha detto...

Such a beautiful sampler! Also, one of my favorite poems by Keats. And the mythological story of Endymion, who fell in love with the moon, is such a romantic ancient story as well!

Do you sell 40 count linen for this sampler as well?